Things that make me happy about Notes 8.5.3:
- I can export my database designs to plain files, and put them in Git for version control.
- I can grep all my source code with ack.
- The built-in editor will let me see all the code for a design object in one window.
- Hover-over display of documentation comments for functions.
- Eclipse-style error summary.
- Real HTML and XML generation capabilities.
- HTML, ECMAScript and CSS in the Notes client.
Things that make me unhappy about Notes 8.5.3:
- Still no Linux design client.
- Still no Mac design client.
- No way to display bookmarks as icons in a grid. (And no, the old legacy Workspace is not an adequate substitute.)
- I can’t believe they rewrote it from the ground up and didn’t make it fully multithreaded.
- Errors are often reported on the wrong line number. That is, server-side error messages give a line number that may be 3 or 4 lines off from the actual place where the error occurred.
- LotusScript code editor no longer autocompletes the end of a block when you open a block, so now I need to remember which keywords are used to end each different kind of block.
- LotusScript code editor doesn’t clean up indentation automatically.